Just yesterday I was thinking of how to help the ever changing world…i.e.more famines…more riots…more violence for violence’s sake.
I thought…What can I do? (not in order)
1. Feed the sentient beings as I can, locally.
2. Pray and do mantra practice
4. Smile to all even if they do not smile in return.
5. Drive mindfully and safely
6. Look people in the eyes and see them for them
7. Volunteer at the Local Food Bank
8. Travel the Middle Path
9. Speak only those words that should be spoken
10. Repeat and add more.
I know this is a simple and incomplete list. And we all do these things with out referring to the list. But sometimes it helps to write down what we can do to help ourselves and all sentient beings. It removes anger (frustration)…apathy due to being overwhelmed…it highlights the ripple effect (what we do, feel, not do, not feel..ripples throughout the worlds)